Friday 9 September 2011

Video of the day (Säkert! - Can I)

So...Hello Saferide used to do the English songs and Säkert! used to do a similar-but-a-bit-darker thing in Swedish. But now, after getting inundated with emails and requests for translations, Annika Norlin gives us Säkert! på engelska (simply, Säkert in English). This is most excellent news if you don't speak Swedish.

The official website comes with a sweet warning - If you're Swedish and are reading - don't do it! You should be listening to the Swedish record.

And it's not like I would be missing out. I will have heard all these songs before. You see, all the songs on På Engelska are straight translations of songs from the two Säkert records, the self-titled one and its follow-up Facit.

But as much as I would like to listen to reasson, I just can't do it. I want to hear these versions. I'll just treat them like new songs. Of course it's not going to be the same. But, just like Bergman Rock is never going to be like Bob Hund and Kent in English is never going to be like the real Kent, it doesn't stop me from enjoying the music. And the song below is beautiful, wheteher you hear it in Swedish or in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment