Monday 16 January 2012

Gig flashback - Polysics (King Tut's Wah Wah Hut, Glasgow, 23rd July, 2004)

It's been a while since I posted one of these...but, I was rummaging around in an old image hosting account. These photos are from the summer of 2004, before I even got my first digital camera.

Hmmm...I guess I must have borrowed one from a friend.

Those were the days, weren't they? I realise there is one other happy snapper caught in one of the below photos, but that's ok. There wasn't enough digital cameras around to get annoyed about. No endless sea of little lit-up screens in front of you at every single gig. I know I'm guilty of being "one of those annoying people" at times as well. But, I'm trying to cut down.

I remember being introduced to Polysics by the TV show Adam and Joe Go Tokyo. They were the musical guests in one of the episodes and just blew me away with their DEVO-on-crazy-pills antics. When they announced a Glasgow show, there was no way in hell I was going to miss out.

And while I'm at it, here's a video for their song I My Me Mine...

awesomes...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at that gig. I had never even heard of the Polysics before - I was just there to support a friend of a friend who was in one of the shite warmup bands.
    They blew me away, one of the best gigs I've ever been to!

    ReplyDelete