Monday 25 May 2009

What happened to The Ponys?

That's what I've been asking myself today. The last I heard from Chicago's finest garage rock outfit  was back in late 2007 when they released Turn The Lights Out on Matador Records. OK, so it wasn't their best album, but there was certainly no need for them to vanish off the face of the earth. Hmmm. Their previous two efforts, Laced With Romance and Celebration Castle are two of my all-time favorite indie/garage rock albums and absolutely essential listening.

The Ponys at the Tufnell Park Dome in early 2007

And Google has left me none the wiser. There seem to be nothing about them splitting up, but there is really nothing at all since late 2007. How confubbling. Anyway, whether they're still playing or not, they are great. Here are a few songs for you.

Get Black from Celebration Castle
I'm With You from Celebration Castle
Trouble Trouble from Laced With Romance
I Love You 'Cause (You Look Like Me) from Laced With Romance


1 comment: