Friday 15 January 2010

swoon

It's nice to rediscover lost loves of music. The Magnetic Fields have a new album out in a couple of weeks. A few years ago, this would have been the most exciting thing in the world to me, but I haven't been in the mood for Merritt for quite some time. But after the craziness of the previous album Distortion I was a bit curious to see what he'd come up with this time. So without any great expectations I had my first listen yesterday morning on my way to work. And...wow...the first track is absolutely incredible...just wow. It's called You Must Be Out Of Your Mind and it made me remember exactly why I fell in love with the MF in the first place. It's as good as anything Merritt has ever written and already a strong contender for the best song of 2010.

"You can't go round just saying stuff because it's pretty and I no longer drink enough to think you're witty"

awwwwwwwwwwwwww...

That's right. There's no file for you to download. I imagine I'd get my ass kicked by Mr Merritt's goons if I shared anything. But it's out there. So search and you shall find.

No comments:

Post a Comment