Thursday 17 March 2011

Video of the day (Graffiti Island - Head Hunters)

Last night I was looking for upcoming gigs on Songkick and noticed that I never really use the site. Well, I get the gig alerts by email, by I hardly ever bother to click the I'm going or I was there buttons. So, I started adding gigs I'd been to...and pretty soon my "gigography was up to 180 or so...I was bored, ok? Looking back at all these shows it also struck me how often you don't really realise how incredible a line-up is until a long time after the event. Like 3rd December 2008 at the Old Blue Last. It's a pretty small venue, but that night I saw Vivian Girls, supported by The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart and Graffiti Island. Now, that is a fucking incredible line-up and I really don't think I appreciated it enough at the time. Anyway, it mainly made me remember Graffiti Island and how awesome they were...are? What happened to them? Are they still going? So, today's video is the awesome Headhunters...



I believe the video is footage from the movie Beach Babes 2: Cave Girl Island, which I've never heard of, but looks pretty damn amazing. If I can find it somewhere online I think I may have tonight's viewing sorted. Definitely looks like more fun than I Spit On Your Grave, which I watched last night.

Graffiti Island on myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment