Thursday 1 July 2010

The Return of the Machete

The other day, whilst clearing out my spam inbox, I found a pleasant email. Yup, that's right. It doesn't happen very often, but occasionally a nice/useful/important one finds its way in there. This time, amongst all the offers of cheap university degrees, prescription drugs and nice letters from (mainly) African gentlemen telling me that they want to give me millions and millions of dollars in exchange for my bank details, was an email from F.O. Machete (formerly known as Fuck-Off Machete). I used to looooooooooooove this band a few years ago, so it was very exciting to hear that they're alive/back/playing again.

I'm not exactly sure about the dates, but they released an album, maybe six years ago(?), called My First Machete and it's completely awesome. Then, after a few singles and a second album that was only released in Australia (and Monorail Records in Glasgow) they disappeared. That was a bout three and a half years ago. What happened? Haven't got a clue. What matters is that they're back and if you're in Glasgow you should go to the Captain's Rest on Saturday 3rd July, cause that's where they'll be playing.

And here are some videos....






F.O. Machete website

No comments:

Post a Comment