Monday 15 November 2010

CFTPA final show...


This evening Owen Ashworth plays his last ever London show as Casiotone For The Painfully Alone. After 13 years it's time to say goodbye. Owen has hinted that he will continue to make some kind of music under a different name, so we will just have to see what happens.

CFTPA is such a special band....act or whatever. I've only had the pleasure of seeing him play once, so I have nothing to compare it to. I remember people talking about how it was so much better when it was just him on his own with a Casio keyboard and maybe it's true. How do I know? For me it was just brilliant night, watching one of my favorite artists. He played half a set with a full band and the other half on his own, just playing audience requests.

Tonight, I don't know what to expect. Being a final show and all, I kind of hope that he will play a selection of songs from all his releases, rather than concentrating on the later ones. But, we'll see. It's his last show. He has given us 13 years, five albums, endless EP's and compilations...so I think he's entitled to play whatever he wants to play.



CFTPA official website

No comments:

Post a Comment