Wednesday 24 June 2009

Save your babies, here's your future

I went to see The Thermals at Cargo last night. It was really good show and if I have to make a complaint it would have to be the usual one - maybe they were just too good. There wasn't much banter, not much improv, you know…just not enough to make it a great live performance. The songs are great, but the band just seem a bit stiff. Break some things, guys! Mess up a chord here and there. Haha. The drummer tried his best to display a bit of energy on stage, and it was very welcome, but just not enough.

I know I'm old, but it was also very, very loud…but maybe it's just Hutch's voice…it's quite screechy. I'm not actually complaining here. I love The Thermals and his voice. I'm just trying to figure out why I wasn't as impressed as I should have been. Still, I think those four Thermals albums are going back on the ipod.

No comments:

Post a Comment