Wednesday 6 October 2010

Gig Flashback - Matt & Kim (Camden Barfly, 9th November 2007)

The Barfly is a terrible venue, but it still holds many fond gig memories for me. It was there I saw Jeffrey Lewis for the first time (supporting Quasi and with Franic and Dave from the Wave Pictures as his backing band). I've seen The Thermals there, as well as Bergman Rock and also Matt and Kim. Which brings me to this post - Matt and Kim at Barfly on 9th November 2007. They were supported by Yeasayer, who as a result of not being very good has now gone on to much bigger things. Matt and Kim, despite being completely awesome in every possible way, has since gone on to only slightly bigger things.

I have seen Matt and Kim at least four times now and they have never been less than amazing. I've always left their shows with a big grin on my face, with my belief in live music fully restored. They're doing pretty well at the moment and they truly deserve all the success in the world...I just hope they manage to keep up their relentless energy and positive attitude.

Anyway, some photos from the night....











Matt and Kim's official website.

They have a new album coming out this year, which is pretty damn exciting. I haven't heard any of the songs yet, but it will most defintely be in the top-10 albums of the year. Otherwise, I will be extremely disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment