Tuesday 8 February 2011

Allo Darlin and Let's Wrestle live (The Lexington, 7th February 2011)


Last night I went to my first Allo Darlin' show of 2011. They were great as usual, running through quite a few "new" songs that, after extensive touring, now are as tight as the older ones. The crowd was a bit rubbish though; not as energetic as I'm used to at AD shows. But, I guess it was a Monday.


Support came from Red Shoe Diaries and Let's Wrestle, playing under the name Apartment Pony. Let's Wrestle are one of my favorite London bands and it had actually been a few years since I'd seen them, so this was a big treat. And I wasn't disappointed. They were absolutely brilliant, playing quite a few new songs that I can't wait to hear on record.

Here's a video of the end of their set, the song Insects, followed by a massive instrumental rock-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment