Saturday 21 February 2009

Jeff Lewis super secret show



Jeff Lewis played a "secret" show at the Betsey Trotwood last night. Normally, news of these kinda things leak pretty early, but this time it was handled pretty well. I think the only two places advertising the show was The Extradition Order's myspace and then on the day, on the Drowned In Sound messageboard. The problem with posting to DiS I guess is that so many of their users live in London, so yes it was pretty mobbed. After all, The Betsey only has a capacity of 50 or so.

Jeff played with a full band and it was one of the best shows I've seen him do. He played a mixture of songs, old and new and seemed to really enjoy himself.

I tried to film one of his new songs that they were playing for the first time and told us they probably would never play again, but it was too dark for my crappy camera. Anyway, the sound works, so below is an mp3. I don't know what the song was called or if it even had a name, but it's about tigers.


I'm really glad I went, despite feeling uber sick. He's playing the Union Chapel today, but I think last night was a far more memorable experience than tonight's show could ever be.

No comments:

Post a Comment